9 Nov 2021
3 min read time
At a glance
Test your knowledge of celebrities – in music, show business and sport – who are trained in accountancy and finance.
- He studied accounting and finance at the London School of Economics before going on to top the charts with eight No.1 singles with his band and meeting a bar-room queen in Memphis. Bonus question – which Australian bushranger did this British musician portray on the silver screen?
- Which heavy hitter on the international tennis circuit first studied fashion design before achieving a bachelor of science degree in business administration at Indiana University East, and in what profession is she invested now?
- A certified public accountant who graduated from the University of Maine, this celebrity is also a four-time European wrestling champion, Intercontinental Champion and the longest active member of the Nation of Domination. What is his real name and his World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) name?
- Before this global superstar sold more than 100 million records, she studied accountancy and worked in the family business. Who is she, and can you name her five famous brothers?
- This gender fluid comedian and actor has also run marathons in honour of Nelson Mandela. They studied accounting and financial management at Sheffield University. What is their name, and the name of the most recent film in which they starred?
- With investments in Starbucks, Apple and Microsoft, you could say that this jazz saxophonist has used his accountancy degree from Washington University to make some very smart financial moves. What is his name and which 1970s singer hired him for his band at the tender age of 17?
- Television audiences came to love him as Chicago psychologist Robert Hartley, but he wasn’t always an actor, graduating from Loyola University of Chicago with a bachelor degree in business management, before being drafted into the United States Army. Who is he?
- Initially planning to become a tax lawyer, this best-selling crime author graduated from Mississippi State University with an accountancy degree. What is his name, and which three of his much-loved books have been made into Hollywood movies?
- This celeb, known as “The Iceman” managed to become a professional wrestler and earn his bachelor of arts degree in business and accounting from California Polytechnic State University at the same time. He says “numbers have always come easy for me”, but what does he use his accountancy skills for today?
- Australian actor Cate Blanchett played her in a biographical movie. Can you name the famous reporter who studied accountancy and ran a public relations firm before becoming a renowned investigative journalist and being murdered by Irish drug lords?
- Mick Jagger; Ned Kelly
- Venus Williams; interior design
- Accie Julius Connor; D’Lo Brown.
- Janet Jackson, Michael, Randy, Tito, Jermaine, Jackie, Marlon
- Eddie Izzard; Six Minutes to Midnight.
- Kenny G; Barry White.
- Bob Newhart.
- John Grisham; The Firm, The Pelican Brief and A Time to Kill.
- Chuck Liddell; keeping track of punches and setting them up.
- Veronica Guerin.